By: Chad Melius
Before we broach the question in the title, you should know that we’re NOT talking here about “detox” in the sense of kicking a drug habit. Nor are we referring to the new album soon to be released by Dr. Dre.
In this article the term “detox” refers to ridding the body of harmful toxins found in certain foods. There are many reasons why you might want to go on a detox diet. You might want to overcome a sugar addiction. Or you might need to clean out your body’s own detox organ, the liver, which can become saturated with toxins.
What is a detox headache?
When you undergo a detoxification, the toxins are released from the cells that have been storing them. As they leave through the blood stream, your body becomes flooded with them, and the result is a painful headache.
How long will the headache last?
A detox headache may last for just a day, but can stretch into a week. The length depends on two factors:
- The type of toxin, and its strength.
- How effective your body is in getting rid of the toxins.
Is there a detox headache remedy?
Even though there is no universally recognized cure, there are several things that you can do to decrease the strength or the length of the headache pain.
- It is possible to increase the body’s effectiveness in expelling the toxins by drinking plenty of water. Adding a little lemon juice to the water may help the cleansing. Some people swear by drinking chamomile or peppermint tea.
- There are several homeopathic remedies that may help relieve headaches: hedge hyssop, St. Ingatius’ bean, tree of life, and Quaker button. Taking 10 – 12 drops in a glass of water several times a day should lessen the severity of the headaches.
- You can open your pores, making it easier to expel the toxins, by taking hot baths or showers several times a day.
- Get plenty of rest. Take a nap. Your body is working hard to detox, and needs extra time to recuperate.
- Do cardio exercise. This is sometimes called “sweating it out”.
- If your headache is so painful that you just can’t take it any more, then back off a little. Slow down your detox, by decreasing the intake of whatever remedy you are taking. Or if you’re fasting, eat a little something now and then. And finally, quitting altogether is a last resort. You can always begin again later on.
ColonFlow brings you eleven natural ingredients in easy-to-swallow capsules to gently and effectively speed up the elimination of unhealthy toxic waste that can be trapped in your intestinal tract and cause health problems, discomfort and embarrassment! Yet there’s never any cramping or urgent need to quickly find a bathroom!.
Ads by The Professor
Even though there is no known detox headache remedy, there is one benefit that is often overlooked. Detox headaches are proof that your body is actually doing what you wanted it to do — getting rid of the toxins!